This is the 12 point statement and 3 point pledge that came out of the recent 50th anniversary celebrations in Korea. This was published publicly on UBF’s main website. I am reposting it here verbatim in case it disappears. UBF USA may create a new statement, but for Korean UBF, this is in effect.
UBF Mission Statement for the Next 50 Years
Our Mission Statement for the Next 50 Years
2 Timothy 3:16-17
“All scriptures is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
1) At this ‘UBF shepherd and missionary seminar’ at our 50th anniversary, we shared the ‘spirit, ministry and vision’- the spiritual heritage that God has handed down to us.
2) This spirit is: ‘The spirit of discipleship,’ ‘the spirit of world mission and self-support’, ‘the spirit of community,’ life –giving spirit,’ ‘manger spirit-to live a sacrificial and simple life,’ and ‘pioneering and independent spirit.’
3) Our ministry is : ‘discipleship and house church ministry,’ ‘one-to-one Bible study,’ ‘daily bread,’ ‘testimony writing’, ‘raising and sending professional, self-supporting missionaries,’ ‘social responsibility in action,’ and ‘prayer for the ends of earth: North Korea and beyond.’
4) We confirmed that this spirit and ministry came out of the Bible
5) The key point of this spiritual heritage is ‘who we are and what we do.’
6) This is our identity.
7) We thought about how this heritage contributed to our community, to churches in Korea and throughout around the world, and to universities and societies.
8) At the same time, we also shared our future direction.
9) We give our thanks, praise and glory to god who has accomplished his amazing work in campuses in Korea and around the world for the last 50 years.
10) Nevertheless, we repent that we have not lived up to this beautiful spiritual heritage well, and developed it well.
11) We have a historical mission to keep this spiritual heritage well and pass it on to our descendants.
12) Therefore, looking forward to the next 50 years, we pledge as follows;
1. We pledge to devote ourselves to live up to the spirit, ministry and vision that God has passed down to us, and to develop it further
2. We pledge to dedicate ourselves to the ministry in our native country and to the task of sending out 100,000 missionaries to 233 nations, including 140 unreached nations, by 2041.
3. We pledge to give a good influence to the society and churches in our native country and around the world by being salt and light in each of our respective mission fields.
June 1, 2011
Pledged by all the attendants of the UBF shepherd and missionary seminar.