There are “campus shepherds” on over 300 colleges and universities from a new religious group called University Bible Fellowship.
We, the undersigned, call on the leaders of the UBF shepherding system to stop the following:
1. Stop appointing personal, lifelong moral supervisors (aka “shepherds”) over students’ young adult lives.
2. Stop arranging marriages between UBF members, a practice called “marriage by faith”.
3. Admit and acknowledge (and put and end to) the mountain of eye-witness testimony regarding many kinds of abuse the UBF shepherding system has allowed, including, but not limited to:
- Demanding unnecessary sacrifice of students, including ordering abortions as a requirement to become a missionary, cutting off ties with family and friends, and pressuring students to offer money.
- Training students to obey through “dead dog training”, such as by having them walk barefoot 5 miles, to drive 3 hours every week to attend meetings, and to stand in ice water.
- Intruding into students’ lives through undue religious influence, excessive daily, weekly and monthly meetings, and unhealthy indoctrination.
More information about University Bible Fellowship, a Korean campus ministry, can be found here: http://wiki.ubfriends.net/
This petition will be delivered to:
- General Director
Abraham T. Kim
Dr. Augustine Sohn
- Vice President
Dr. Alan Wolff
Here is the link to Wikigoat’s petition: https://www.change.org/p/abraham-t-kim-stop-the-ubf-campus-shepherding