If you are posting a comment for the first time, your comment will not appear until it is approved by the administrator. This is a necessary part of our spam-prevention strategy.
Anyone who visits this site is welcome to post comments, but we reserve the right to remove material that does not conform to the following guidelines.
- Be concise. Avoid long-winded comments, and do not include large sections of text from other sources or from other pieces that you have written. If there is something lengthy that you want to say, consider submitting it as a contributed article.
- Be humble, and don’t preach. No matter how right you think you are, you may still be wrong.
- Be kind. Do not post anything that a reasonable person may regard as obscene, offensive, hurtful, mocking, demeaning or condescending.
- Welcome others. Many people are shy about posting their views in public because it makes them vulnerable to criticism. Allay their fears, and accept newcomers into the fellowship of this website with grace.
- Restrain yourself. After posting one or perhaps two comments about a topic, please stop and give others a chance, so that the discussion is not dominated by a small group of individuals.
- Speak only for yourself. Do not claim to speak on behalf of others.
- Be a good listener. Do not dismiss what others say merely because their background or style of communication may be different from yours.
- Take others at their word. Comment on the substance of what has been actually said, not on the person who said it, nor on what you believe may be a hidden meaning or motivation behind what has been said.
- Treat people as individuals. Avoid stereotypes and sweeping generalizations.
- Do not spread rumor, gossip or hearsay, and do not malign the reputations of others.
- Do not post sensitive personal information about yourself or anyone else.